City of Tucson and Pima County
Eviction Prevention Program
TENANT REQUIREMENTS FOR COVERAGE UNDER CDC EVICTION MORATORIUM:
In order to be protected by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Eviction Moratorium, it is critical that you communicate directly with your landlord/property manager about your circumstances and provide them a completed CDC Eviction Moratorium Form and any other information you are able to provide about your current circumstances.
- Review and complete the CDC Declaration Form and give it to your Landlord or Property Manager – CDC Eviction Moratorium Form for Tenants
- If you have not already, apply for this waitlist- CLICK HERE to apply. By applying for this waitlist you are complying with the first bullet in the CDC Eviction Moratorium Form for Tenants.
- Communicate as much as possible with your Landlord or Property Manager about your situation. Remember both parties are necessary to expedite/complete the process.
ADDITIONAL COMMUNITY RESOURCES
Below are additional resources for further assistance:
Legal Aid Resources:
Step Up To To Justice
Southern Arizona Legal Aid
Southwest Fair Housing Council
Rapid Housing: Coordinated Entry Access Points
In response to COVID-19, housing assessments are being conducted by phone only at most Access Points. Assessments are currently available at the locations/phone numbers and times lists below. What to expect when completing a Coordinated Entry assessment by phone:
1) You may be asked to make an appointment for an assessor to give you a call back or forwarded to voicemail. If this happens, try calling another Access Point or wait for a return call from the Access Point with which you left a message. They will return your call within 1 business day.
2) You may be referred to a different agency or phone number on this list.
3) You will be read a release of information that you normally would sign in person but will be only asked if you agree to it.
4) You will be asked to complete a brief health screening to assess need for isolation as a result of COVID-19.
5) The housing assessment process will take about 30 minutes.
- Sonora House: By Phone Only – (520) 624-5518
- Mon – Fri, 10am – 6pm
- La Frontera
RAPP, 1082 E Ajo Way, Ste. 100 – Phone Preferred – (520) 882-8422
- Mon – Fri 8am – 4pm
- Salvation Army
By Phone Only – (520) 622-5411
- Mon-Sat, 2pm-7pm
In Person: 702 S 6th Ave
- Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri – 9am-12:30pm
By Phone – (520) 308-3079
- Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri – 1pm-4pm
- Tues – 8am-4pm
- Our Family Services
By Phone Only – (520) 323-1708
- Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm
- Old Pueblo Community Services
By Phone Only – (520) 546-0122
- Mon-Fri – 9am-4pm